When we saw the title by itself we actually thought to ourselves “How can limiting email to the House of Representatives possibly prevent a crash on Wall Street?” At any rate, the story explains the following:
“The House is limiting e-mails from the public to prevent its websites from crashing due to the enormous amount of mail being submitted on the financial bailout bill.
As a result, some constituents may get a ‘try back at a later time’ response if they use the House website to e-mail their lawmakers about the bill defeated in the House on Monday in a 205-228 vote.”
We feel validated; yesterday afternoon we thought our online activity was markedly slower than normal, and here in the office we are fortunate enough to have a T1 line. It didn’t make sense, but then, neither did most of yesterday.
One suggestion: do not even think about using email to contact your elected Representative in our nation’s capitol unless you enjoy the exploding brains experience. (Yes, it is quite tacky to have used such a expression but we are at a loss. No pun intended.) We attempted to get to the main “Email Your Representative” page several times so as to better share the experience with you; not a bright idea. Each and every time it froze our browser (using either Safari or Firefox on an iMac) and ultimately shut down the browser.
- Must display a cheerful attitude.
- Must love one another.
- Must make mistakes.
- Must learn from others.
- Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
- Must love life.
- Must love kids.
- The recipient must link back the the award’s creator
- You must post these rules if you receive the award.
- You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
- You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted.
- You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
- You must create a post sharing your win with others.
- You must thank your giver.
- Preppy Pink Crocodile is a daily read for her fun and fabulous posts, not to mention the recipes, oh yes indeedy, those recipes!
- Mom x 2: Exquisite taste and lots of fun, this is another must-read, and her recipes are also a smash hit here at the Prepatorium.
- Preppy Lizard: Liz exudes elegance while remaining down to earth, a combo we find extremely hard to find. She also has extraordinary taste and has done Interior Design as a pro; the woman is a genius at this.
- Fashion Herald: You could almost say the Herald shops for a living. And she has friends with names like ChristmasTime.
- Tickled Pink & Green: A witty writer, Miss TP&G demonstrates her good taste day in and day out, and she can also write. Goodness, can this woman write!
Thank you Miss Fox!
Some readers may remember our post back in June about some of Target’s designer collaborations, part of their GO International initiative. New collections that launch next week (Sunday, October 12th) are handbags from Anya Hindmarch and shoes from Sigerson Morrison. However, visitors to the Hindmarch site can purchase the bags now.
For those not familiar with Ms. Hindmarch, she is best known for her “I am not a plastic bag” environmentally friendly tote, but she has designed handbags since the 90’s.
We leave you with one more greeting card image from someecards, an online greeting card company. It is also a financially friendly site (our newest moniker for these trying times), as all of their cards are free.