Today we have a post that is a bit different from the norm, certainly one likely to be vastly more engaging for readers than most of our day-to-day mental meanderings.
Many readers already are familiar with our ever-so-dear and delightful bloggy friend, Daisy Duke, attorney-at-law. If not, the link below will pop you right over to her wonderful blog, Legally Blonde Ambition.
Ladies, Miss Daisy is in need of our assistance. Pronto. The situation has not yet reached dire nature proportions, but we promise you it could if we cannot offer prompt action.
The nature of the problem? We are talking about a fashion emergency, of a sort that has potential to reach cataclysmic levels. You see, Miss Daisy is now engaged to her Prince Charming. (For all the romantic details on how Mr. Wonderful asked the question, including photos of the ring he designed, just click here.)
But we stray from our mission. Here is the challenge: the bride-to-be has selected her gown, a stunningly simple and elegant design we show below.
This piece of bridal beauty is from Anne Barge, and we adore the clean and classic lines.
But Miss Daisy is in desperate need of shoes, and she is beginning to despair of ever locating the absolutely-perfect pair. So she asked yours truly if we might solicit your input on the topic; we all know what a fashionable lot Princess readers are, also possessing impeccable fashion taste.
A quick look at the bodice of the gown, adorned with über-elegant pintucks.
Now here are the details on the dress and wedding itself:
- it is ivory silk taffeta with a chapel length train
- the wedding is in Savannah, Georgia this October
And here is the scoop on Miss Daisy’s shoe preferences:
- her taste is classic, no sequins or over the top frou-frou
- the biggest dilemma is matching the ivory gown, so much of what Daisy has looked at is bright white
- she prefers delicate flats or a kitten heel, no more than 2″, ideally a scosh less if possible
- Daisy has already looked into Cole Haan (their adorable ballerina wedding flat only comes in white-white), Stuart Weitzman, Tory Burch, Kate Spade, & Neimans
- our bride likes bows, and is fine with champagne, gold or silver for shoe color
- her personal personal shoes are mostly Coach, Cole Haan, Kate Spade & Stuart Weitzman
What do you say Princesses? Can we do this? Can we step into the breach and take one for Team Prep? We bellow shout come back with an appropriately discreet, “Why yes, of course, this is not a problem for us. Not at all. We’re on it.”
We offer our gratitude in advance for what we know will be utterly divine suggestions, be they designers you are fond of, a certain shop you frequent that our Miss Daisy may be unaware of, or a specific pair of shoes you just know will work their magic on Miss Daisy’s twinkling little toes.
Feel free to offer your insight here, or over on Miss Daisy’s blog. A grateful nation thanks you.