Hello-Hello and welcome to a Monday!
We begin with a tale about Tiffany; this time it is the story of the luxury retailer’s lawsuit against its landlord in Century City (California). It seems the jeweler is making it ever-so-clear they do not want fast-fashion merchandiser H&M as a neighbor. (As in H&M that just did the wildly popular ‘Jimmy Choo for H&M’ line, described in this post.)
Apparently Tiffany believes having H&M as a neighbor would be just this side of apocalyptic; the LA Times has more:
“H&M is not a luxury or upscale retailer. H&M is at best characterized as a ‘popular-price’ mass merchandise clothing retailer.”
“The location of the H&M store will cause irreparable injury to Tiffany’s business reputation as a luxury retailer, a reputation that Tiffany has enjoyed and worked hard to maintain for more than a century and a half,” the lawsuit said.”
While understanding a brand’s desire to protect its caché, the story points out that in Pasadena the two stores are almost next door to each other. Other stories on the topic wonder about Tiffany’s efforts to embrace the ‘aspirational shopper,’ those coveting upscale brands while also shopping mass retailers like H&M.
Many such consumers are precisely the same customers fond of merchandise displaying a retailer’s logo, something Tiffany has marketed strongly the last several years.
It will be interesting to see how this turns out. We do want to note this is not ‘new news,’ as we are wont to say; the original story broke in September and yours truly keeps forgetting to post it.
A few more retail notes today, including word on the next two accessories designers for Targèt; the Cynthia Vincent for Target collection will launch at Target stores nationwide and at Target.com from April 18, available through through July 1. Below, several styles from Ms. Vincent’s Fall 09 Collection.
Also, headwear from Eugenia Kim will debut next year, it is going to be the first hat launch in Target’s series of limited-time-only accessories. The Eugenia Kim for Target collection debuts April 18, running through June 20. Below, looks from the 2008 Eugenia Kim line.
There is also news that Forever 21 has launched its love and beauty cosmetic line.
Everything in the new line is priced at $10 or less; it all appears to be available online.
Before delving headfirst into our next topic it is time we are honest with our cherished readers; we do not participate in Black Friday. It is really not our cup of tea; additionally, we are always blessed by a visit from The Queen Mother for Thanksgiving, precluding any chance to partake of the mayhem. Such a shame. (Cough-cough.)
We still desire to maintain contributions to the PPP (Pocketbook Protection Program), continuing efforts at providing a list of fiscally friendly locales for the upcoming frenzy.
To be fair, there are far too many special markdowns, discounts and promotions to accurately track; we are including those we believe to be of the most interest to our bloggy friends.
Here we go, beginning with Talbots, already offering 20% off merchandise and free shipping; use offer code 020556520 at checkout to receive the discounts.
Martin & Osa will discount all denim (regularly $89.50 – $120) and cashmere to $59 (regularly priced at $130 – $170).
- Brooks Brothers: November 27th and Saturday, November 28th until 12:00 noon each day. Shop Early and receive an additional 15% off your entire purchase; receive an additional 5% when using your MasterCard or your Brooks Brothers Platinum MasterCard
- J. Crew Outlet stores will take an additional 40% off Clearance merchandise before 8am Friday morning; clearly one should check with their local factory store for hours
- Other discounts at Crew outlets for the weekend include 30% – 50% off select holiday styles & 30 – 40% off select Crewcuts holiday styles
- Tommy Hilfiger Factory Stores: 40% off the entire store all day on Black Friday (the 27th)
- There are additional discounts for specific days, including the Wednesday before Thanksgiving; to download coupons providing these markdowns, click here.
- Banana Republic Outlets: 40% Off Any Purchase
- Old Navy stores: Open 12 – 7pm on Thanksgiving Day, & 3am – midnight on Black Friday, too many discounts to list
- Henri Bendel 8-10am Friday:
- Save 40% on all Cold Weather Knit Hats, Scarves & Gloves
- Save 40% on Bath & Body Collection
- Save 25% on Candle Collections, Home Fragrance, Sweet Treats
- (After 10am these items remain on sale but at 25% off)
- Macys.com continues its Thanksgiving sale with savings of 20% to 50%, ending 11/28.
- Lacoste: 30% off everything in the store
We are still seeking verifiable information on the following stores: Ann Taylor & Ann Taylor Loft, J. Crew, Banana Republic, Polo Ralph Lauren & Polo Ralph Lauren Factory stores, Brooks Brothers Factory stores.
NOTE: Please be sure to note if we are citing discounts at regular stores and factory stores or outlets. Be sure to let us know if you have information to share on any preptastic shopping opportunities and we’ll pass it along. If looking for other products, here are some general Black Friday sites:
Savvy shoppers may remember that after all the Black Friday comes Cyber Monday: the day when online retailers offer special deals. That tradition is alive and well here at The Princess, in fact, we’ll have a little surprise for what we’re calling Pink & Green Monday.
Until next time, do let us know if you