Hello-Hello, and happy Tuesday, it is downright balmy here at the Prepatorium, almost 40° and your trusty scribe is giddy from the heat.
We begin today with an update on the upcoming wedding. (You know, The. Wedding.) Many of our treasured readers have already seen the news, but for those not yet hearing the details, we have all of the particulars about who will accompany Kate Middleton and Prince William down the aisle.
As the Palace put it, “Miss Catherine Middleton has asked her sister, Miss Philippa Middleton, to be her Maid of Honour. Prince William has asked his brother, Prince Harry, to be his Best Man.”
Philippa is more commonly referred to as Pippa; the Middleton sisters have long been close.
As have the young Princes.
The following young ladies and young men will be Bridesmaids and Page Boys:
- The Lady Louise Windsor (seen lower left) is the daughter of The Earl and Countess of Wessex (aka Prince Edward and his wife Sophie), age 7;
- Hon. Margarita Armstrong-Jones (lower right) is the daughter of Viscount and Viscountess Linley, age 8
The other two young ladies who will be attendants:
- Miss Eliza Lopes (seen on the left) is the granddaughter of William’s stepmother, Camilla, duchess of Cornwall, she is 3 years of age;
- Grace van Cutsem, is carried by her mother, Lady Rose van Cutsem, Grace is also 3
The young men acting as Page Boys:
- Master William (Billy) Lowther-Pinkerton is the son of longtime aide and private secretary to the Princes, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton (below we see Prince William playing with his soon-to-be page boy )
- Master Tom Pettifer, age 8, is the son of Charles Pettifer and his wife Tiggy (formerly Tiggy Legge-Burke, a nanny to the boys in the 1990s).
We simply must share this photo of Lady Louise from last August, seen with her father, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex. The little girl seems so very serious with her hands behind her back, she looks like an old soul in a young body.
More from the Palace:
- Please note that all the children’s parents have informed us that they do not wish to talk to the media.
- Details about the Bridesmaids’ dresses and the Page Boys’ uniforms will be made available on the Wedding Day.
To read the
snooze news release in its entirety, click here to visit the media page for the Prince of Wales.
The Telegraph has more details, including the following:
- “Prince William has broken with the tradition that bridegrooms in royal weddings traditionally chose a “supporter” instead of a best man.”
- “The wedding details were revealed on the same day that it was announced that the couple would be paying an official visit together later this month to the university where they met.”
The Mail offers these additional tidbits:
- “In the past Prince Edward and Sophie have been reluctant to allow Lady Louise to be photographed because she was born with exotropia, a rare condition which causes a divergent squint.”
- “As tradition dictates, Prince Harry will now be responsible for organising William’s stag party.” (Editor’s note: this fact is enough to strike fear into even the strongest of British backbones.)
“”It’s unusual to have only just one man,” said Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty magazine. “All of the queen’s sons – Charles, Andrew, Edward – had two supporters at their wedding. But obviously William doesn’t feel the need to have more than one supporter and it’s by no means a hard and fast rule.”
Next on the hit parade, Tommy Hilfiger’s menswear collection for the fall.
From the Women’s Wear Daily review:
“Those who believe there are only so many ways to do preppy clearly haven’t met Tommy Hilfiger, whose newest interpretation might just be his best one yet.
Back to Women’s Wear Daily:
“It’s called Indie Prep,” Hilfiger said before his men’s show on Friday. “When you mix indie rockers with prepsters, that’s what you get.”
In our next post we will look at the Hilfiger styles for women.
We have a touch of spring and summer to share, the new Carolina Herrera styles for the Young Miss and Master at your palace.
The lines are classic and the color palette perfect for the season, khaki and seersucker are almost always prepalicious.
There is lots to like in this newest collection from the gifted designer. (Later this week we will have the Fall 2011 looks showing this week.)
We leave you with a few updates on stars from everyone’s fave faux-prep school show, Gossip Girl.
- Actress Blake Lively received an Elle Style Award yesterday in London, she wore an electric blue gown by Emilio Pucci.
- Christian Louboutin has announced that his newest design is named after Ms. Lively.
- Many of the show’s star’s have been spotted at various shows during Fashion Week, Ed Westwick attended the Hilfiger menswear show on Friday night, and also made it to the Simon Spurr show Sunday evening.
- Fashion Week is a timely topic, the plot has been following “Blair” and “Dan” during their internships at W magazine.
- Rex Features
- Paul Ellis/AP photo (Princes William & Harry)
- Chris Jackson/Getty (Lady Louise)
- Jamie McCarthy/Getty (Ed Westwcik at Hilfiger)
- Jeff Gentner/Getty (Ed Westwick at Simon Spurr)