Hello-Hello and Happy Start of the New Week!
In yesterday’s post we promised more on the special Barbie Show at Fashion Week; we begin with more on those in attendance, including, a number of the social set. Below, Muffie Potter Aston and daughters, Bracie and Ashleigh Tatiana.
Next, the little ones gather backstage.
For those unfamiliar with all the hoopla, in honor of Barbie’s 50th Anniversary this year, fifty designers created actual looks for the show. Below, Rachel Roy’s sketch…
And the real deal, designed to honor the very first Barbie outfit.
We retract a portion of the previous: not every model was wearing the Louboutin heels:
Those look like your basic Chuck Taylors to us, too cute! Now, we are guessing this next dress is the Diane von Furstenberg creation:
It looks like the basic wrap dress… yes? And below, we are also guessing on the designer. The style seems very Tory Burch to us.
Here is the Tommy Hilfiger sketch for his beaded white mini-dress, very “groovy,” don’t you think?!
And the real deal:
Here is TP’s favorite unidentified look:
Another unknown design:
A few notes on things related to all of the above:
- To see all of the incredible Barbie dolls dressed by Bob Mackie, click here.
- To read the Suzy Menkes story in the IHT about the show, click here.
- Trina Turk is having a sale online; we do not know about markdowns at brick and mortar retail outlets.
- Calvin Klein is doing 30% off select spring styles for the President’s Day weekend.
- The clearance sale at Tory Burch continues, with 40 – 60% off original retail prices.
- The Tommy Hilfiger Fall/Winter 2009/2010 collection shows on Thursday. Below, a few sketches from that group.
We will share more from Fashion Week as appropriate and when time permits. Tomorrow’s dance card includes the Brooks Brothers Collection Preview (not a runway show, but at the Madison Avenue store), Carolina Herrera, and one of First Lady Michelle Obama’s favorites, Thakoon.
Before we dash, a quick reminder on entering our Lilly Pulitzer Stationery Giveaway:
To win the Mix ‘n Match stationery set, just leave a comment on this post, or any other. To learn how to be entered more than once, click here. We will use Random.org to pick the winner tomorrow (Monday, 2.16), before noon!