Hello-Hello, and happy weekend to everyone.
Because of the holiday weekend we are brief, and primarily focused on lighter fare, Monday’s post is always solemn enough.
We begin with several tidbits
- Sadly, this morning marked the end for Elaine’s, an Upper East Side mainstay for decades. Elaine Kaufman ran the restaurant for more than 40 years, until her death late last year. Even if you never actually went to Elaine’s, you may well have seen its interior, Woody Allen’s Manhattan was filmed at the legendary spot.
- There is an abundance of rumors that Gossip Girl actress Blake Lively is seeing the newly-single Leo DiCaprio. (Oh my!)
More from Fox News:
“DiCaprio also happens to be on the rebound. He just split with 25-year-old Israeli supermodel Bar Rafaeli, and they’re known to be on-and-off.”
- In our Monday post about the Chelsea Flower Show we forgot to include the Hunter boots done in Royal Horticultural Society prints, they really are darling.
- Our final tidbit involves one of the original Anti-Preps, Kim Kardashian. It is actually more of a “Help Me Understand,” as we are genuinely befuddled, this CBS News headline explains the subject of our dismay.
Kim Kardashian will out-do the royal wedding, sister says
Here is more from an E Online! story by Marc Malkin:
“It’s going to be royal wedding number two,” sister Khloé told me earlier today while promoting the new season of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. “I could only imagine Kim having the hugest wedding.”
We move on now to our weekend roundup of fiscally friendly Sales & Savings opportunities:
- Talbots is offering an additional 25% off already-reduced sale and clearance merchandise.
- Polo Ralph Lauren is promoting an extra 25% off “select already-reduced styles”
- At Polo Ralph Lauren outlet stores the offer includes savings of “25% on select styles” plus an additional 20% off your entire purchase
- Be cognizant of what the promotional literature for the J. Crew Factory “sale” is offering, which is nothing other than the existing discounts. We aren’t saying there aren’t fiscally friendly prices, but prices are as marked, there is no additional discount being taken.
- The semi-annual sale at Nordstrom is underway with reductions on women’s and children’s merchandise.
- Lacoste outlet stores offer 25% off everything in the store.
- Brooks Brothers Factory stores are offering 40% off your entire purchase
- Ann Taylor is promoting an extra 40% off already-reduced styles, use promo code EXTRA40 at checkout
- At Ann Taylor Loft the deal is even better, 50% off already-reduced merchandise entire purchase
- Saks, Neimans and Barneys all have varying discounts and sales meriting a look; at Bloomies it is the Big Brown Bag sale
In the Friday Fun portion of our post, a few trinkets that caught our attention; first, the Barbie Dream House Ring.
We first saw the ring mentioned at The Fashion Planner blog and just found it fascinating, so we popped over to Jewelry nOir, where the ring is sold, for a closer look. While not something we would wear, for some reason the ring is intriguing.
Our other fun item is a favorite here at The Prepatorium, it’s Fleet Week in the city.
That’s the USS New York passing in front of the Statue of Liberty on Wednesday, when events honoring our Marine and Navy corps kick off. You’ll always find me partial to sailors, my father was a WWII USN officer. Below, the USS Iwo Jima heads up the Hudson.
God love our troops…
And everyone who supports them.
Here’s the USS New York (rear), which was built from steel recovered from the World Trade center attacks, as it goes past the Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum.
May your weekend be safe and happy. If still thinking about a way to observe the holiday, here are some ideas from the National World War II Museum.