Hello-Hello, it’s an absolutely gorgeous day here at the Prepatorium, we hope it’s sunny and lovely wherever you may be this Wednesday.
Our topic today is a little unusual, it has nothing whatsoever to do with anything preppy. It has to do with blog comments that are actually s – p – a – m. As so many of our friends and treasured readers partake of a little bloggage now and again I thought the topic might be of interest.
I remember back to the first month or so when *no one* read the blog, and *any* comment was welcomed, I thought the sort of things that I am about to show you were from people who were genuinely interested in the blog and cared enough to comment. (Really, I did.) While filters block 99% of it, occasionally some sneak through, following are just a few samples of both kinds.
You know, this sort of thing:
Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future.
Who knew it was all about the brussels.
Here’s one from a site selling vegetarian diets:
When you catch your dog eating a dictionary, what should you do? Take the words right out of his mouth.
Some aren’t clear on the gender of the person writing the blog:
Wonderful goods from you, man.
A site that apparently specializes in helping those with financial issues (as in b-ank-ruptcy) posed a question:
“What did you dream about last night?”
There are those who must think I am in need of employment, apparently outside/in addition to the Princess:
“Pharmacy Technician employment possibilities are abundant.”
Some appear to have been created via assistance from automated translation services:
“Somebody necessarily assist to make significantly posts I might state.”
“You made some good factors presently there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most people will go together with together with your website.”
“You have certainly antecedently been exceptionally strenuous publication pointing up all of this well weblog”
Then there are those who evidently think The Princess is engaged in some other form of business:
- Drug Task Force Investigation
- We are an online store offering the high-quality wire rope solution
- Physician License Practice Medicine
This writer understands the benefits of brevity.
Hello. And Bye.
Our posts clearly have broad impact, reaching far beyond the initial reader of the post:
“Couldn’t be created any better. Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this.”
That’s not the only “relative” leaving comments:
Hello my family member!
Compliments are always nice:
- Ive understand your stuff previous to and then you’re just extremely magnificent.
- You have ended my four day long hunt! God Bless you man. (There’s that pesky gender issue again.)
- The comic strip is attractive, your authored material stylish.
- You should take part in a contest for probably the greatest blogs on the web.
As are those who want to show their appreciation for our efforts in a tangible way:
It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this brilliant blog!
Some just leave me nonplussed:
- What do you think this means for the used bucket trucks industry?
- If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one.
- God is here: She’s cooking dinner for Jesus.
- I thought you said this was an oldies station?
- This post made my brain tingly.
- dental professional otherwise hygienist can really bathe
Now here’s one guaranteed to make you feel better about yourself:
Cats miss you when you’re gone.
After that, it’s clear there’s nothing else to say.