Hello-Hello, and welcome to a Monday.
We begin with a congratulatory note about our friend Erin from the Pink and Green Scene; Erin finds all manner of nifty treasures in our favorite color combination and shares them on her blog.
Back to Erin; some readers may recall she has more than one colorful blog, actually writing blogs that showcase a panoply of colors.
In fact, Erin’s House of Turquoise blog was featured last week in the Washington Post, yippee-skippee! That blog is like Erin’s online inspiration board, but doesn’t necessarily include lots of items available for purchase. So if desirous of hearing about things one can acquire from shops around the world, Erin’s Everything Turquoise is the place to be. The site showcases merchandise across a broad spectrum of categories, like the Via Spiga satchel, or an ever-so-fun Shower Curtain.
Erin also has blogs featuring purple, chocolate & brown, and several more. Decor by Color is the perfect place for anyone interested in a spot of color on these gray and gloomy days.
We have a sad SOTT (Sign Of The Times) to share today; news about the auction for Tavern on the Green’s contents; it is this Wednesday.
The Bar sign will be appealing for many.
In all candor, we have only dined at the restaurant once, and yes, it was mediocre. But we have also enjoyed a liquid refreshment or two at the landmark spot, so while we aren’t crushed by its demise we are saddened by the idea of it no longer being there. It is representative of an era, something one wants to be there, where it has always been.
The restaurant is now representative of that place in the road where ‘always’ and ‘forever’ meet. And part company. Sigh.
On an up note we are very excited to have been nominated for the Beutiful Blogger award! We send gracious thanks to the oh-so-nice GingerSnap for bestowing such an honor upon us! Here are the rules:
1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting/random things about yourself.
This is where it becomes a bit of a challenge, as we were taught it isn’t proper to spend much time chatting about oneself. (And there are few activities more tedious than hearing about TP, TC and life at the Palace, we are the world’s most boring couple.) However, because Miss GingerSnap has been so generous in sharing this, we shall make an effort to abide by the rules:
1) TP was a regional Singer sewing champion back in the day.
2) We hate the cold weather, and cannot. wait. for. spring.
3) We swipe borrow The Consort’s library books on occasion.
4) Our favorite part of Christmas is the baking of cookies for family and friends.
5) We harbor secret hopes our intensive Scrabble training sessions (ahem) on the iPhone will help us beat a certain sibling at the next family tourney.
“Two Dowdy Clothing Brands Go for Vogue”
“L.L. Bean and Lands’ End don’t exactly bring to mind the word “cool.”
7) TP can recite the starting lineup of the 1967/1968 Detroit Tigers. By position.
(And it isn’t long until pitchers and catchers report to training camp.)
There are so, so many beautiful bloggers we enjoy each and every day, we could list everyone on our blog roll and then move on to another 100 or so that we haven’t managed to get listed on the roll yet! Yikes!
3) Miss Privilege (aka Lisa)
Thank you for stopping by for a visit today, we hope to see you back again tomorrow!